The Twyford Together Charity 5K and Fun Run is one of the village’s best-loved events. As ever, it promises to be a jolly community get-together with races for all ages, seasonal stalls and terrific prizes! Back by popular demand, we have our ‘Fastest Street’ competition and ‘Fastest Business/Club/Society/Charity’. The event is organised by Twyford Together in association with Barnes Fitness and is sponsored by The Shredquarters.
When and where is it?
This year’s event is taking place on Sunday 8 October at The Piggott School.
How do I enter?
Online entry has now closed but you can still enter on the day.
What races are there?
- Pre-school toddle (100m) at 10:00am
- Reception and years 1 & 2 (1km) at 10:15am
- Years 3 & 4 (1km) at 10:35am
- Years 5 & 6 (2km) at 11am
- App-timed, multi-terrain, 5K for those aged 11+ at 11:30am (see course map).
What time is registration open?
Registration/Number pick up is from 9:00am.
- Every 5k runner has the option of a medal. If you opt out of a medal, we’ll make a contribution towards local tree planting.
- Children in the year group races will receive a medal sticker card with the challenge of collecting as many as they can throughout their school life (and keeping it safe!).
- Free banana at the finishing line (kindly donated by Twyford Waitrose).
- Photos by Barnes Fitness’ photographer, Chris Drew, are free to download after the event.
Are there any novelty categories?
Yes, we have our Fastest Street in RG10 competition in the 5K (the fastest cumulative time for three runners wins); Fastest Business/Club/Society/Charity in RG10 in the 5K (fastest cumulative time for two runners wins and we’ll also be selecting a random, entry from each race for a fantastic prize (as it’s all about the taking part!). To be eligible for a prize in these categories, we ask that you enter in advance online.
What are the prizes?
- First male and female over the line in the 5K win a six- week Shredquarters Foundation Programme.
- The top three fastest streets in the 5K can choose between wine tasting and tour for three people at Stanlake Park or vouchers towards a celebratory meal at either Rural Pie Co. or Haweli.
- Fastest Business/Club/Society/Charity in the 5K will receive a gift from Phantom Brewing Co .
- Twyford’s brand new, boutique café, The Orangery, is giving away a mouth-watering chocolate platter experience for four (including choice of drink: wine/mocktail/soft drink) to a 5K entrant drawn at random during the prizegiving. To be eligible for this prize, you must enter in advance online.
- Fastest boy and girl in the infant and junior races as well as the fastest boy and girl (years 7-9) in the 5K get Decathlon vouchers
- The top three fastest boys and girls in our toddler, infant and junior races will receive a surprise
- And finally, we’ll be selecting one runner from each of our three infant and junior races to receive a special prize. Again, you must enter in advance online to be eligible.
Who won the fastest street competition in 2022?
Our winners were Longfield Rd, High St and Kibblewhite Crescent.
Are there any other attractions?
Yes, they’ll be a variety of eco-friendly, seasonal and sporty stalls. Plus, if you need a little help getting over the line, Saxcelerate will be energising you with all your favourite pop, rock, jazz, TV and film tunes!
Are there refreshments?
The Scouts will be bringing their breakfast BBQ, we have tea and coffee from Cafe2U and they’ll be a selection of homemade cakes from Happy Hours Pre-School. Plus, you can cycle your way to a free drink on My Journey Wokingham‘s Smoothie Making Bike, ‘Pedalicious’.
Is there parking at the event?
There is parking on site, but participants are encouraged to walk or cycle if they could. Cycle racks are in the car park, but participants are responsible for securing bikes with their own locks.
Which charities do you support?
The Twyford Together Charity 5K and Fun Run supports Twyford Charities Together. The group was formed in 2011 to give local charities, often lacking their own fundraising team, a helping hand.
Can I see photos from last year’s event?
Photos taken by Barnes Fitness’ sports photographer, Chris Drew, can be downloaded for free by clicking here.
Organised in association with: