As many villagers are now working from home, here are some tips to work effectively.
Written by Neil Cartwright, editor of blog, “The Artist Network“.
I’ve worked from home for over 15 years. As you can imagine, over that time I’ve accumulated a lot of working from home tips. However, I constantly discover new ideas from other people who provide me with more great advice on working at home.
Many people want to start their own business working from home. They like the independence it gives them, free from the commute and distractions of meetings. Others find themselves working from home due to COVID and would like covid advice re working from home. While for others, they’re in the unfortunate position of losing their job and investigating the potential of working from home jobs.
Whatever your circumstances, working from home has its rewards and challenges. I’ll share my own tips on working from home. However, I’ve spoken to other people who have shared their working from home tips and tricks with me.
Working from home advice
- Make yourself comfortable
- Try to limit distractions
- Set key times throughout the day
- Use a Productivity tool such as Be Focused
- Invest in quality office furniture, such as a desk and chair
- Invest in productivity gadgets such as USB hubs
- Buy multiple monitors
- Use a Smart Speaker and smart home devices
- Install different Messaging Apps
- Learn how to use Project Management software
- Invest in good webinar equipment, such as camera, lights & microphone
- Learn the skills required for home working
- Conflict Resolution